CAPTAIN ACCIDENT – “SLIPPIN’ UP”
Available Everywhere from Monday 15th July 2013
Captain Accident crashed on to the UK reggae scene back in 2009, and has been going from strength to strength ever since. What began as a bedroom project quickly turned in to a touring reggae machine! Since the launch of his début album “Pick Up The Microphone” back in 2010, Captain Accident, along with his band of clumsy musicians – The Disasters, have been touring relentlessly around the UK and Europe, bringing his unique brand of lovers reggae / ska / soul to grateful crowds wherever they go.
Captain Accident’s début album “Pick Up The Microphone” was released in Summer 2010 through Trench Foot Records. The album has received rave reviews from press and fans alike, as well as such big named DJs as Sir David “Ram Jam” Rodigan MBE. The eagerly anticipated follow-up, “Slippin’ Up” is due for release on Monday 15th July. “Slippin’ Up” was completely self-recorded, self-mixed, and is even set to be self-released by Captain Accident himself! Captain Accident AKA Adam Parsons said:
‘Being able to record the songs as I’m writing them allows me to get across the real essence & emotion that is originally intended and often the inspiration for the song. I find that sometimes by re-recording something later on, a lot of the true emotion and attachment to the song can be lost through a change in state-of-mind and therefore capturing the feeling at the time of writing is essential. I seriously can’t wait for people to hear this album.’
The UK reggae scene has seen a bit of a resurgence of late, with acts such as The Skints and Laid Blak becoming a staple part of the Summer Festival season. Sam Holland of Cardiff-based Trench Foot Music said:
‘The UK reggae revival has been difficult to ignore. With events such as Boomtown Fair, as well as clubnights and promoters all over the UK really pushing reggae music, I think it’s fair to say that as a genre, reggae music has once again become one of the most exciting styles doing the rounds at the moment. With acts like Captain Accident and Dirty Revolution from Cardiff at the forefront of this emerging phenomenon, South Wales is showing it has a lot to offer the scene! We honestly can’t wait to hear Captain Accident’s new release.’
“Slippin’ Up” reveals a real change of pace, and diversity within the album, covering a lot of reggae sub-genres from lovers’ reggae, to ska, dancehall, rocksteady, soul and everything else in between. Captain Accident & The Disasters are appearing at various UK venues and festivals and his album, “Slippin’ Up” is guaranteed to be the soundtrack to your Summer!
Captain Accident and the Disasters will be touring the album through July and August. check out dates below.
• 13th July Clwb Ifor Bach (Album Launch Party) Cardiff www.clwb.net/eng/listings/
• 19th July Frog & Fiddle Cheltenham http://www.frogandfiddle.butcombe.com/
• 20th July Tonefest Dorset http://www.tonefest.co.uk/
• 22nd July Head of Steam Newcastle http://www.theheadofsteam.co.uk/newcastle-outlets-the-head-of-steam/
• 23rd July The Maze Nottingham http://www.themazerocks.com/
• 24th July The Parish Huddersfield https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Parish/162776908474
• 25th July The Vaults Bishop’s Castle http://spitandsawdustproductions.blogspot.co.uk/
• 26th July Hairy Dog Derby http://www.hairydogderby.co.uk/
• 27th July New Cross Inn London http://www.newcrossinn.com/
• 28th July Nozstock Hereford http://www.nozstock.com/
• 30th July Blueberry Norwich http://www.theblueberrymusichouse.com/
• 31st July The Soundhouse Leicester http://soundhouseleicester.co.uk/
• 1st August Hobgoblin Staines https://www.facebook.com/groups/356423061137406/?fref=ts
• 2nd August The Winchester Gate Salisbury http://www.winchestergate.co.uk/home
• 3rd August The Lounge Bar Alton https://www.facebook.com/LoungeBarAlton
• 4th August The Ivy Leaf Sheerness https://www.facebook.com/ivyleaf1
• 5th August The Cherry Tree Canterbury https://www.facebook.com/cherrytree.canterbury
• 9th August Boomtown Fair (Hidden Woods) Winchester http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/
• 10th August Boomtown Fair (Chai Wallah’s) Winchester http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/
Details on Captain Accident, including all upcoming events can be found on-line at
For all further information/ guest lists / promo copies / download links etc please contact me.