CAPTAIN ACCIDENT – “SLIPPIN’ UP”
Available Everywhere from Monday 15th July 2013
Captain Accident crashed on to the UK reggae scene back in 2009, and has been going from strength to strength ever since. What began as a bedroom project quickly turned in to a touring reggae machine! Since the launch of his debut album “Pick Up The Microphone” back in 2010, Captain Accident, along with his band of clumsy musicians – The Disasters, have been touring relentlessly around the UK and Europe, bringing his unique brand of lovers reggae / ska / soul to grateful crowds wherever they go.
Captain Accident’s debut album “Pick Up The Microphone” was released in Summer 2010 through Trench Foot Records. The album has received rave reviews from press and fans alike, as well as such big named DJs as Sir David “Ram Jam” Rodigan MBE. The eagerly anticipated follow-up, “Slippin’ Up” is due for release on Monday 15th July. “Slippin’ Up” was completely self-recorded, self-mixed, and is even set to be self-released by Captain Accident himself! Captain Accident AKA Adam Parsons said:
‘Being able to record the songs as I’m writing them allows me to get across the real essence & emotion that is originally intended and often the inspiration for the song. I find that sometimes by re-recording something later on, a lot of the true emotion and attachment to the song can be lost through a change in state-of-mind and therefore capturing the feeling at the time of writing is essential. I seriously can’t wait for people to hear this album.’
The UK reggae scene has seen a bit of a resurgence of late, with acts such as The Skints and Laid Blak becoming a staple part of the Summer Festival season. Sam Holland of Cardiff-based Trench Foot Music said:
‘The UK reggae revival has been difficult to ignore. With events such as Boomtown Fair, as well as clubnights and promoters all over the UK really pushing reggae music, I think it’s fair to say that as a genre, reggae music has once again become one of the most exciting styles doing the rounds at the moment. With acts like Captain Accident and Dirty Revolution from Cardiff at the forefront of this emerging phenomenon, South Wales is showing it has a lot to offer the scene! We honestly can’t wait to hear Captain Accident’s new release.’
“Slippin’ Up” reveals a real change of pace, and diversity within the album, covering a lot of reggae sub-genres from lovers’ reggae, to ska, dancehall, rocksteady, soul and everything else in between. Captain Accident & The Disasters are appearing at various UK venues and festivals and his album, “Slippin’ Up” is guaranteed to be the soundtrack to your Summer. Proper job!
Look out for your promo copies and download links very soon. For further info please give me a shout.
Captain Accident is a reggae / ska / soul artist from Cardiff City. Having played in venues all over the United Kingdom, as well as several high profile festivals, Captain Accident is becoming harder and harder to ignore.
In early 2009, Captain Accident was converted from a bedroom project to a live act, much to the delight of Cardiff’s unsuspecting open mic nights and local gigs. He quickly recruited some of the city’s most talented musicians and formed the ultimate backing band – “The Disasters”.
In July 2010, Captain Accident released his debut album ‘Pick up the Microphone’ through Trench Foot Records. The album was entirely self-produced over a period of six months, and has received great reviews from all over the country, as well as receiving regular airplay from various high profile DJs, including reggae legend, David Rodigan!
Since then, Captain Accident has been touring relentlessly around the UK and Mainland Europe, writing and recording for various upcoming releases in the pipeline. Captain Accident & The Disasters have been lucky enough to share a stage with such artists as Toots & The Maytals, The Skints, Prince Fatty & Horseman, Pama International, Mad Professor, Bad Manners, The Toasters, Sonic Boom Six, Neville Staple, Fishbone, The Wurzels, and countless others. Since their emergence on the reggae scene, they have become a staple part of the UK festival circuit, having appeared at Glastonbury Festival, Secret Garden Party, Boomtown Fair as well as several others. They have also confirmed for Boomtown Fair 2013.
Having reached a much wider audience in 2012, through intensive touring of the UK and Europe, as well as featuring on Jaya The Cat’s most recent album “The New International Sound of Hedonism” alongside Itch Fox, formerly of The King Blues, Captain Accident’s eagerly anticipated second album “Slippin’ Up” is due for release in July 2013. Once again, this album is completely self-produced. Captain Accident played, recorded, mixed and mastered every part of the album himself, making for a very personal product that he’s incredibly keen for the world to hear! And if you hadn’t seen a pattern by now, “Slippin’ Up” will also be self-released by Captain Accident!
2013 is shaping up to be a hell of a year for Captain Accident. With UK and mainland European tours in the pipeline, as well as various festival appearances, the release of his second album, it’s getting pretty difficult to ignore this one man reggae machine and his band of Disasters! As more and more people are beginning to jump on the bandwagon, national recognition seems to be just on the horizon.
‘SLIPPIN’ UP’ TOUR
• 13th July Clwb Ifor Bach (Album Launch Party) Cardiff www.clwb.net/eng/listings/
• 19th July Frog & Fiddle Cheltenham http://www.frogandfiddle.butcombe.com/
• 20th July Tonefest Dorset http://www.tonefest.co.uk/
• 22nd July Head of Steam Newcastle http://www.theheadofsteam.co.uk/newcastle-outlets-the-head-of-steam/
• 23rd July The Maze Nottingham http://www.themazerocks.com/
• 24th July The Parish Huddersfield https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Parish/162776908474
• 25th July The Vaults Bishop’s Castle http://spitandsawdustproductions.blogspot.co.uk/
• 26th July Hairy Dog Derby http://www.hairydogderby.co.uk/
• 27th July New Cross Inn London http://www.newcrossinn.com/
• 28th July Nozstock Hereford http://www.nozstock.com/
• 30th July Blueberry Norwich http://www.theblueberrymusichouse.com/
• 31st July The Soundhouse Leicester http://soundhouseleicester.co.uk/
• 1st August Hobgoblin Staines https://www.facebook.com/groups/356423061137406/?fref=ts
• 2nd August The Winchester Gate Salisbury http://www.winchestergate.co.uk/home
• 3rd August The Lounge Bar Alton https://www.facebook.com/LoungeBarAlton
• 4th August The Ivy Leaf Sheerness https://www.facebook.com/ivyleaf1
• 5th August The Cherry Tree Canterbury https://www.facebook.com/cherrytree.canterbury
• 9th August Boomtown Fair (Hidden Woods) Winchester http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/
• 10th August Boomtown Fair (Chai Wallah’s) Winchester http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/
Details on Captain Accident, including all upcoming events can be found on-line at
For all further information/ guest lists / promo copies / download links etc please contact me.